Self-Certified Sophisticated Investor
I declare that I am a self-certified sophisticated investor for the purposes of the Financial Services and Markets Act (Financial Promotion) Order 2005.
I understand that this means:
- (a) I can receive financial promotions that may not have been approved by a person authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority;
- (b) the content of such financial promotions may not conform to rules issued by the Financial Conduct Authority;
- (c) by signing this statement I may lose significant rights;
- (d) I may have no right to complain to either of the following—
- (i) the Financial Conduct Authority; or
- (ii) the Financial Ombudsman Scheme;
- (e) I may have no right to seek compensation from the Financial Services Compensation Scheme.
I am a self-certified sophisticated investor because at least one of the following applies—
- (a) I am a member of a network or syndicate of business angels and have been so for at least the last six months prior to the date below;
- (b) I have made more than one investment in an unlisted company in the two years prior to the date below;
- (c) I am working, or have worked in the two years prior to the date below, in a professional capacity in the private equity sector, or in the provision of finance for small and medium enterprises;
- (d) I am currently, or have been in the two years prior to the date below, a director of a company with an annual turnover of at least £l million.
I accept that I can lose my property and other assets from making investment decisions based on financial promotions.
I am aware that it is open to me to seek advice from someone who specialises in advising on investments.